Skip to main content

UNM United Way Campaign - Frequently Asked Questions

The following are several frequently asked questions and answers about United Way.

Donate Online!
Drop or mail your Pledge forms to the University Controller's Office located in the John & June Perovich Business Center - MSC01 1300.

Why does the online pledge form ask for a campaign code?

If you are using Internet Explorer and you get a page asking for a Campaign Code, Username and Password, You will need to add the URL to your trusted sites in your Internet Explorer security settings. If you do not have the appropriate desktop security privileges to make these changes, you can use another browser such as FireFox Mozilla to login into the myUNM portal to access the on-line United Way website.

More Information...

Why make a contribution?

Making a contribution is a very personal decision, especially if this is your first time. Just $3 per pay period can make a big difference, especially when giving to the Community Fund. The charities supported through United Way and your contributions, along with those of your coworkers, have a great impact in our community and on the quality of life for all those living in Central New Mexico.

Why contribute money through monthly payroll or credit card deductions to United Way?

Making a payroll deduction is one of the easiest ways to support the charities you care about.  A monthly or bi-weekly deduction may be small or large depending upon your own personal level of support. However, when added to those of your coworkers, the impact on our community is enormous.

Am I able to make my contribution online?

Yes, you will be able to make your pledge or contribution online. Go to the myUNM webpage, click on the UNM United Way bullet located under Human Resources and follow the easy instructions.

Where does my money go?

90% of your contribution goes either to the designated charitable organization of your choice or 100%, when choosing the Community Fund.

What is the Community Fund?

The Community Fund combines your gift with those of your coworkers to create a BIG impact! Feeding the hungry, sheltering the homeless, keeping children safe and empowering the disabled and elderly are just a few examples of what giving to the Community Fund can accomplish.

Is my contribution tax deductible?

Yes, United Way contributions are only made to IRS recognized 501(c)3 organizations and will be tax deductible to the extent allowed by law.

May I designate local as well as national charitable organizations?

Yes, whether it is your local church, SPCA, arts organization, your alumni association in another state or your favorite museum; all are eligible for funding through Untied Way if they have 501(c)3 IRS designations.

OK, I’m ready to sign up – what do I do next?

The website has all the information you need!  You will find a letter from President Frank, and instructions on how to donate.

When will payroll deduction start?

For those employees choosing a payroll deduction, your deductions will begin in January 2017 and run through December 2017.

Donate Online!
Drop or mail your Pledge forms to the University Controller's Office located in the John & June Perovich Business Center - MSC01 1300.