“Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth.” ~ Muhammad Ali
“The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi
The University of New Mexico is proud of our university’s history of engagement with local, state, and global communities and we encourage members of the UNM Pack -- staff, faculty, students, and alumni -- to continue engaging in meaningful ways to address community identified needs and improve the lives of others.
UNM Gives recognizes that “giving” can come in many forms, including academic service-learning, volunteerism, advocacy, and philanthropy. Many of our staff, students, and faculty commit to service as a central tenet of our campus culture, and numerous members of the UNM community donate time and money to local organizations.
Volunteering connects the UNM pack with local schools, nonprofit organizations, and community services. People with diverse skills, cultural backgrounds, ages, and abilities strengthen UNM’s capacity to meet the evolving needs of our community. Volunteering time and talent is vital for our community to thrive. Below are resources to help you find volunteer opportunities. Be sure to use the link below to share the time you volunteer through the campaign, and keep an eye out for ways to continue sharing your volunteer work beyond this Fall.
Use the hashtags #UNMGives2018 and #EngageUNM to share your experience in your social media.
Find opportunities at the following local organizations:
- City of Albuquerque: http://www.cabq.gov/abq-volunteers
- ABQ Involved: https://www.abqinvolved.org
- Community Experience: http://tce.unm.edu
- Serve Abq: https://www.facebook.com/ServeABQ/
- Share New Mexico: https://sharenm.org
- Community Link ABQ: http://www.clabq.org
- Center for Nonprofit Excellence: https://www.centerfornonprofitexcellence.org/volunteer-connection
- Volunteer Match: https://www.volunteermatch.org
- Create the Good: http://www.createthegood.org/volunteer-search